If you have been running your diesel engine for some time, then you may have noticed the reduction in power and increased fuel consumption. The cause of the problems is soot that accumulates in your engine especially on injectors no matter what kind of diesel you use. There are three solutions to the problem:
- Cleaning using ultrasonic waves at the garage that is expensive
- Taking the injectors out and cleaning them yourself which is cheap but needs knowledge
- Diesel fuel additive that is the best option
When looking for diesel fuel additives, you may have come across Hot Shot’s Secret Diesel Extreme as the best additive but wondered what exactly it offers. This product is preventative maintenance option and alternative to DPF delete kits.
In fact, it contributes to the reduction of DPF regeneration cycles by up to 50%. Therefore, if your Regen stops working before you can get it fixed, this could likely save your truck from a hefty diesel particulate filter, diesel oxidation catalyst, exhaust gas re-circulation valve, or a selective catalyst reduction replacement costs.
Here is an in-depth review to give you everything you need to know about it.
What is the Hot Shot’s Secret Diesel Extreme?
This diesel fuel additive is scientifically prepared and optimized to deliver engine cleaning and boosting. Its major ingredients include:
- 49% Nitric acid and 2-Ethylhexyl ester
- 34% Distillates, hydrotreated light, petroleum
- 3-5% solvent naphtha, petroleum
These components together with some other minor ones act on the engine parts and the fuel making the engine as good as new.
It picks up deposits and forms a mixture that is combusted leaving the engine clean. It is quite a revolutionary product. The research and innovation that went into the development of the fuel additive are quite commendable as it manages to combat the common problems that may kill an engine if not addressed.
At this point, it is also good to let you know that it is entirely safe for your engine. It does not pose any risk whatsoever to the components of your engine.
What Exactly Does it Do?
Now that you know what the additive is made of, the question remains, what will it do to your engine? You may have come across a couple of the features below on the market and wondered if it was true. After testing it out on several diesel engines, the following were the proven features:
- Cleaning out of not only the injectors but also pumps, tank, and lines restoring the engine to its optimal function
- It does boost cetane and stabilizes fuel tremendously boosting fuel efficiency
Lubrication of fuel pumps and injectors that enables them to last longer
- It does neutralize the acid
- Removes free water from your engine and this is especially important in countries where moisture is an issue
- Coating of the tank and lines making them resistant to corrosion, rust, and deposits
At first, when you see the features on their official site and in stores, you may think it is just for marketing the product, but wait until it brings your engine back to life. Its implications for the cost of running your engine both fuel-wise and in maintenance is quite impressive besides the extra mileage that it offers. Now, a review is not complete without the good old pros and cons. So here it is to help you decide whether you will go for it or not.
- It boosts the power and performance of the engine having been proven to increase horsepower
- The removal of free water gives this fuel additive a competitive edge over most other additives
- It only needs to be used twice a year which is reflective of its efficiency and pocket friendliness
- Tremendously cuts down fuel consumption of diesel engines
- Lowers noise levels after cleaning the engine
- Reduces maintenance cost by protecting the engine and restoring it
- Suitable for virtually every diesel engine including the 6.4 Powerstroke
- Treats 150 gallons of diesel which at the current price is the least expensive of all diesel fuel additives
- It has a lower effect on engines running on high quality fuels
- It has a distinct odor
- Less preventive than similar products
Finally, after everything has been laid bare, the big question is whether to buy or not. Judging from the game-changing features it brings to the world of diesel fuel additives, it is worth buying. From cleaning the engine to protecting it that will cut down on maintenance costs and cutting down of fuel consumptions, it qualifies to be a revolutionary product every diesel engine owner needs to consider. It is currently available on the official site and major online and physical stores across the globe. It is time to breathe some life into your diesel engine and get back the power it had when new.